Pumpkin Tortellini, Roasted Beetroot, Brussels Sprout Leaves, Celeriac Puree, Hazelnut Granola, Savoury Gravy
1tbsp Rapeseed Oil
1tbsp Essential Cuisine Vegetable Glace
20g montgomery Cheddar
1 Egg Yolk
1 whole Egg
4 egg Yolks
5ml Rapeseed Oil
2 Red Beetroot
6 Brussels sprouts
Pumpkin & Celeriac Mash:
1 Small Celeriac
20g Crème Fraiche
1tbsp Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock Powder
10g Pumpkin Seeds
1 Egg White
Pinch Cayenne Pepper
Essential Cuisine Savoury Gravy
White Wine Vinegar
- Cut half of the pumpkin into wedges and scoop out the seeds. Put into a bowl. Mix the Essential Cuisine Vegetable Mire Poix Glace with the rapeseed oil and pour over the pumpkin, mix well.
- Roast for 30 minutes until tender. Leave until cool enough to handle.
- Put the flesh in a bowl and mash to a smooth purée with a fork. Stir in the egg yolk, montgoromy cheddar, and season to taste.
- For the pasta dough, put all the pasta ingredients into a food processor and blend until they come together into a ball.
- Tip the dough on to a work surface and knead for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Roll out the pasta until on number 1 on the pasta machine. Cut out circles and place a little of the pumpkin mix in the middle. Fold into tortellini.
- Keep to one side.
- Place the beetroot in tin foil, and place in a hot oven to roast. When tender, take out of the foil and peel. Cut to size. Keep warm.
- Cut the sprouts in half, remove the outer leaves. Keep to one side.
- Peel and cut the pumpkin and celeriac to the required size. Place in a pan and pour over warm water. Mix the Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock powder into the water and place on the stove, cook until the pumpkin and celeriac are soft.
- Drain the liquid from the pan, reserving the liquid. Return the vegetables back to the pan and dry on a low heat. Fold in the crème fraiche and season to taste. Mash well. Keep warm.
- Mix the pumpkin seeds and hazelnuts tighter, fold in the egg white and cayenne pepper. Place on a tray and cook in a warm oven for about 10 minutes. Take out and allow to cool. Break into peices.
- Make up the Essential Cuisine Savoury Gravy by whisking the required amount in the amount of warm water needed, bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Finish with a splash of white wine vinegar
- Blanch the tortellini in the reserved vegetable stock used to cook the pumpkin and celeriac.
- Remove and drain.
- Place 3 quellenes of the mash around a plate, top with the tortellini.
- Quickly sauté the sprout leaves, drain and place around. Dot the roasted beetroot pieces around.
- Sprinkle the granola over the tortellini and dress the plate with the Essential Cuisine savoury Gravy.