Night Shift Manager
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Night Shift Manager who will report to the Night Manager. The Operations Department functions on a 24/7 basis and the role requires the post holder to work a continental shift pattern of four on four off on 12 hour night shifts to support this.
The role is a vital part of the supply chain at Harvest Fine Foods and oversees the efficient receipt, storage and delivery of goods to customers. The principal function of the Night Shift Manager is to ensure customer orders are picked, loaded and vehicles are dispatched on time whilst maintaining accuracy and quality standards.
To achieve this you will manage people, processes and systems. You will be responsible for ensuring targets are met and that Health and Safety requirements are followed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning, co-ordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods;
- Having a clear understanding of the Company’s policies, values, vision and how the warehouse contributes to these;
- Monitoring performance and progress;
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded;
- Maintaining standards of Health & Safety and ensuring security in the work environment;
- Maintain the highest hygiene standards.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience at a Supervisory level within a distribution role.
- Commitment to working the aforementioned shift pattern.
- Good all round communicator with written and oral skills;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Strong people manager, who can lead an effective team;
We are looking for a candidate who ideally has previous Warehouse Shift Management experience and is looking to progress their career further within an expanding distribution network.
Applicants are requested to submit a covering letter and CV to Karen Stidston, HR Manager by e-mail:- firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th October 2017. If you require any further information please call 02393 873436